Organic Indrayani Brown Rice from Maharashtra
Origin - Maharashtra, India
- Long Grain Size
- Hand Pounded
- Excellent Aroma
- No Additives
- No Pesticides or Chemicals
- Serve as a simple, nutritious side dish alongside curries, stews or grilled vegetables.
- Add them to grain-based salads with vegetables, nuts, seeds, and a dressing.
- Make delicious and comforting satvic brown rice khichdi.
- Prepare delicious pancakes with soaked & blended Indrayani rice
- Utilize them to make a healthier version of kheer by simmering it in almond milk flavoured with jaggery powder, & saffron
- Relish delicious sweet rice by adding jaggery powder, elaichi & roasted nuts.
- Grind into flour to use in healthy satvic snacks or baked goodies
How is it different from Basmati Brown Rice?
- Basmati stays separate & is an excellent substitute for regular white rice, while Indrayani's softness results in a slightly sticky cooked texture.
- Their slightly sticky texture makes them perfect for preparing dishes like khichdi, dosa, kheer, cheelas, and idli.
- Indrayani's moisture content makes it gentler on the gut compared to Basmati.
How to cook Indrayani Brown Rice?
- Soak the rice for 4 to 6 hours
- Combine 1 cup of soaked rice with 3 cups of water for standard rice
- If making khichdi or a softer dish, feel free to add more water according to your preference
Note: Quickly transfer them to an airtight container upon receiving, especially during the monsoon season.
Store in an air-tight container away from moisture & direct sunlight.
As we use eco-friendly packaging, it can be sensitive to moisture & other environmental factors. To keep your staples fresh, transfer them to an airtight container soon after you receive them. Your quick action helps keep the products fresh and supports our commitment to being eco-friendly. Thank you for choosing sustainability 💚
Best before 9 months from the date of packaging.
Have any questions? click here
The brown rice and the whole wheat flour was fresh and tasty when cooked.
It is ok to eat, definately not sticky and not as tasty as white rice. But eating it does not lead to cravings for rice.
Should be made with a little oil, salt n cumin seeds to taste better.
Brown Rice Indrayani 800g/2.4kg - Organic Purely Natural, Unpolished & Hand Pounded Sticky Rice | Ideal for preparing Khichdi, Dosa, Cheela & Porridge
Rice quality was too good as compare to other shopping websites. It tastes really good. Thanks for the wonderful rice quality.
My little 2 Yr kid like it. He eats more likely than white rice