Naturally occuring, non-toxic mineral that does not rot or deteriorate. Contains high proportions of magnesium, aluminum, iron and silicate. Exfoliated after extraction to make it ready to use for home gardening.
- Lightweight mineral with a nearly neutral pH
- Conditions & lightens soil
- Promotes better aeration & drainage
- Improves soil structure
- Encourages better root growth & plant development
- Retains water & nutrients, making them readily available to plants as per their needs
- Helps reduce the watering frequency
- Allows easy absorption of nutrients by the plants
- Often used to improve the quality of heavy, clayey, sandy & other types of poor draining soil
- Added to the potting mix, either alone or in conjugation with coco peat or compost, to lighten the potting mix, improve aeration & retain moisture for supporting healthy root development
- Excellent for water loving tropical plants due to its great moisture retention property
- Helps keep cut flowers fresh for longer, without the need to change water again & again
- Used to cover the lawn after seedling, to maintain consistent moisture and protect seeds from heat
- Commonly used during propagation to encourage rapid root growth in cuttings
- Mixture of vermiculite and topsoil is added around the root ball during transplantation to maintain optimum moisture, improve aeration around the roots and allow transplanted plants to settle better.
- Also used as a mulch for some plants such as roses and tomatoes, to improve moisture level and protect roots from heat.