A perfect growth medium for starting seeds!
100% Natural & Ready-to-use
100% Organic soilless mixture ideal for seed germination & plant propagation
What is a Seed starter mix?
It is a mixture of various beneficial microbes used to grow plants from seeds. It is suitable for germinating all types of seeds, i.e. small & big vegetable seeds, ornamental plants, herbs & flowers.
- Cocopeat to increase moisture retention
- Compost to provide the necessary nutrients to the seedlings
- Vermiculite & Perlite to improve drainage and aeration
- Provides a healthy start to the seeds
- Promotes seed germination
- Encourages the growth of healthy & strong roots
- Prevents compaction in the trays or cups
- Protects the delicate seedlings from fungal infections
How is it different from the potting mix?
- Potting mix is very rich in nutrients necessary for the long term growth of the plants, whereas seed starter mix has a lesser amount of nutrients to avoid the seeds from getting burnt with an overdose of nutrition.
- Potting mix has a coarse texture, whereas the seed starter mix is lightweight, soft & fluffy so that the baby roots can spread well & therefore enhance germination rate.
- Potting mix is mainly used to transplant plants or grow plants in containers or pots, while seed starter mix is used to germinate seeds into seedlings.
- Fill in the biodegradable cow dung pots with a moistened seed starter mix. Add seeds & sprinkle a thin layer of seed starter mix over the pots to maintain darkness for the seeds for better germination.
- Use in the seedling bed, nursery pots or trays.
- Use it as a base media for growing microgreens in trays.
Store in a cool & dry place